In­ter­na­tio­nal mar­ri­a­ges

Before you can get married in Denmark, you must have a certificate of marital status. A certificate of marital status is documentation that you meet the conditions in the Danish Act on the Formation and Dissolution of Marriage (Marriage Act). You must either apply for a certificate of marital status (prøvelsesattest) from the Agency of Family Law or the municipality. Where you should apply depends on both of your nationalities or your basis for residence in Denmark.